Food Server - Primrose (Park MGM)
Food Server - Primrose (Park MGM)
MGM Resorts International
Restaurant - Food Service
This restaurant concept is part of the overall property transformation of Monte Carlo to Park MGM. Park MGM is a new concept by MGM and New York City based Sydell Group, conceived to target a more discerning, well-traveled demographic seeking unique experiences and innovative design. Park MGM will appeal to this growing audience's desire to be more social, connected and culturally aware.
This specific restaurant concept will be located off of the main lobby and will interact with the redesigned pool experience. It will serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner with a culinary focus on homemade classics and vegetable forward dishes. The venue will be activated throughout the day and will flex with hotel arrivals, T-Mobile Arena events, Park Theater events, and our convention calendar.
It is the primary responsibility of the Food Server to serve guests while providing courteous and prompt tableside service to all guests. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and property policies, practices, and procedures, as well as Park MGM Brand Standard.
- Demonstrate SHOW Basics for Guest Satisfaction.
- Has complete knowledge of products and specifications.
- Knows and uses the service guidelines outlined in this manual.
- Greet guests in a positive, friendly manner and make them feel welcome. With a smile, making eye contact.
- Checks for table setting completeness.
- Describes and sells menu as needed, including menu changes and daily additions.
- Oversees table maintenance, coordinates service at the table with bus person and runners. Works with bus person in clearing and re-setting tables.
- Consistently follow sequence of service utilizing all proper procedures standardized by the room management.
- Maintain table cleanliness utilizing a silent service approach.
- Continues to monitor the guest for satisfaction.
- Itemize bills correctly and efficiently secure payment.
- Makes sure that the guest's check is completed properly and presented promptly with a “thank you”. Please make sure to use guests name at all times. Ensures that change or charge slip is returned to the guest in a timely manner.
- Bid farewell to guests, using guest's name when known, and encourage them to return.
- Operates as a member of a team, helping others and requesting help as needed.
- Performs other restaurant duties as requested by management.
- Assist in making sure the station is stocked and ready for service. Leads bus persons in having all the tools at their disposal.
- Performs assigned side work.
- Serves alcoholic beverages only to guests over 21 years of age.
- Communicates the needs of the guests to kitchen and management. Informs management of guests' reactions and comments. Assists management as needed to ensure smooth operation and quality service.
- Further duties not currently listed in this outline may be added at the manager's discretion.
- Follows and executes the Primrose and Park MGM Resorts core service standards as outlined in training.
- Follow all procedures and policies set forth by the company, division and department.
- Follow all health and safety regulations.
- Successful completion of Restaurant Training Program and testing is required.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- At least 2 years of experience in a high volume dining restaurant as a Server.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience in a three meal restaurant.
- Wine and spirits knowledge; certification.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.