VP of Autograph Collection & Tribute Portfolio
VP of Autograph Collection & Tribute Portfolio
Education, Health Care, Other
The Vice President, Autograph Collection + Tribute Portfolio is a key member of the Global Brand organization and functions as the business leader for the collection of Autograph and Tribute hotels. The core responsibilities for this position include: 1) establishing the strategy and ensuring on brand growth of the collections (i.e., the right hotels in the right markets), 2) develop compelling and differentiated brand positioning and marketing platforms for both brands, 3) ensuring that all relevant Company International systems (i.e., sales, marketing, and revenue management channels; quality assurance) are activated on behalf of the property or group of properties, 4) advocate for the independent hotel owner, manager and guest and 5 5) Partner with development on owner expectations and profitability analysis of joining Company's systems 6) Ensure each hotel developed a solid and unique hotel brand positioning, 7) manage the business model and drive portfolio performance.
Education and Experience Preferred
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, or related; Advanced degree in business or related field preferred
- 12+ years of relevant professional experience in development, marketing, revenue management, brand management, or related function, demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance; lodging/hospitality experience preferred
- Lifestyle brand experience preferred
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Growth and Profitability of the portfolio of Autograph Collection and Tribute Portfolio hotels
- Activates the growth plan for the hotels Ð both domestically and internationally.
- Partners with Development and OFS in pitching the collection for strategic market opportunities and formulating plans to optimize unit growth and manage risk.
- Establishes and ensures understanding of review protocols that will detail Collection requirements for properties being considered for addition to the portfolio.
- Updates brand operating standards as needed based on changes in the market place of Upper-Upscale and Luxury hotels, feedback from owners, and continent feedback to ensure cultural differences are respected in the guidelines.
- Works with key partners (e.g., Development, OFS, market leaders) to execute against growth plans through support as well as the development of tools and resources
- Provides active support and involvement with major property or portfolio deals, including, review of hotel Property Improvement Plans and contract negotiation support
- Achieves annual goals and targets to ensure profitability and revenue growth
- Assists SVP, with brand positioning within the Company portfolio of full service brands
Activation of Company Systems for the portfolio of Autograph Collection and Tribute Portfolio hotels
- Updates and revises the core pillars of the Collection and distribute broadly to ensure understanding and buy-in from anyone engaging with Autograph Collection and Tribute Portfolio hotels.
- Ensures understanding by franchisees of available channels, as well as level of support provided for within the contractual agreement.
- Monitors performance of each channel and ensure that the monthly and quarterly performance metrics are shared with all management and ownership groups of AK hotels. Update existing analysis based on business demands and changes in hotel needs.
- Ensures franchisee Quality Assurance alignment and understanding of the QA and GSS process.
- Works with OFS and A&C teams to ensure that renovations and PIPs are completed on time and in accordance with the appropriate/agreed scope
- Develops understanding of owner and developers expectations in terms of hotel performance, operations, the value proposition and return on investment of Company marketing, sales, and shared service/cluster support
- Works with branding company to ensure that the appropriate processes are being followed and modify the approach as needed
Establishing the strategy for the portfolio of Autograph Collection and Tribute Portfolio hotels
- Leads development of brand positioning and responsible for ensuring compelling differentiation from internal brands and external competition.
- Oversees all marketing and brand management activity for the brands
- Updates and communicates the strategy and ensures understanding and alignment by key internal stakeholders.
- Establishes an operating model that ensures clarity of services and accountabilities, in partnership with continent leaders and OFS, as relevant.
- Plans, schedules and leads Franchise Advisory Committee (FAC) meetings
- Develops and deploys the Managed Model for any opportunities in the Americas. Aligns with Continental leadership of Europe and Asia on key concepts of the Managed Model.
Managing Stakeholder Relationships
- Partners with key stakeholders to ensure effective execution of the brand's growth and development plans.
- Builds and manages relationships with General Managers, Area Operations teams, and franchisees in conjunction with the OFS organization.
- Advocates the brand's strategic vision with the ownership community, advisory boards and other key stakeholders
- Drives the organizational alignment and accountability for successful outcomes of brand initiatives with the market, and other functional areas; ensures strategies address relevant stakeholder needs and competitive environment; executes accordingly.
- Creates informal mentor relationships with other brand representatives to create a climate of teamwork and learning.
- Operates in a matrixed organization with brand, owner, franchisee and marketing stakeholders
Hiring, developing, managing and inspiring the team
- Selects, supervises and develops high performance staff in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Assigns work and manages processes and activities to ensure deadlines are met and quality expectations are exceeded.
- Partners with and manages work assigned to agencies for the brands they support, including digital and traditional media, creative and social media.
- Identifies best practices and leverage learning and capability to plan, build and maintain an organization providing “best in class” marketing capabilities to the organization.
- Works to establish a partnership framework that enhances brand experience and amplifies marketing messages
- Ability to deeply understand brand business needs and translate those needs into actionable and measurable marketing plans that drive commerce and elevate consumer perceptions of the brand