Concierge - Part-time
Concierge - Part-time
Vornado/Charles E. Smith LP
Admin - Clerical, Customer Service, Hospitality - Hotel
4 Year Degree
- BA/BS Degree preferred
- The ideal candidate will be focused on customer service in a luxury community with 2+ years of experience in the hospitality industry working in a Concierge, Guest Services, Front Desk, Ticket Counter, Retail Services role
Computer skills including experience in Windows, Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills required
- Must have a good, clear telephone voice and diction, and exhibit excellent customer service and phone etiquette
- Must present and maintain a professional appearance and a friendly, upbeat, and positive demeanor at all times. (There is a specific dress code policy/uniform for this position)
- Ability to multi-task while still exhibiting good judgment and composure in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and listening skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills and effective problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to be flexible, dependable, versatile, and work well under pressure
Other Important Attributes:
- Composed demeanor, professional appearance, positive attitude and customer-oriented approach are priorities for this position
- Must possess positive interpersonal skills and be able to communicate well and in a positive manner to customers, employees, visitors, and vendors at all times
- Must be an independent worker who exercises good judgment and uses discretion, all with minimal supervision
- Should be self-directed and motivated, organized, and demonstrate quick turnaround, follow through and follow up
- Must be reliable and dependable with excellent attendance; attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this position
- The ability to work well under pressure
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions to the extent the Company may do so without undue hardship.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Vornado/Charles E. Smith is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Concierge will provide exceptional customer service to our residents. This 3pm-11pm (Saturday and Sunday) position is the key point of contact for all residents and visitors to our property and strives to build a strong sense of community. Position requires working on weekends and some holidays. The position is responsible for complying with the operational policies and procedures established by Vornado/Charles E. Smith, LP and Vornado Realty Trust.Responsibilities:
- Provide professional and courteous service to all residents and visitors of the property.
- Enter service requests via OneSite, follow up with residents after work is complete, and work with maintenance to resolve recurring or ongoing issues.
- Work with ActiveBuilding software for various residential functions such as package deliveries, event notifications, and building announcements.
- Assist management with various administrative tasks such as filing & data entry.
- Coordinate paint, carpet, window washing, and other services with outside contractors.
- Accurately follow the company's key control policy. Escort residents to their apartment in the case of a lock-out and accompany visitors such as dog walkers and housekeepers to apartments throughout the day.
- Issue guest parking and contractor passes in accordance with company policies.
- Keep front desk clean, organized, and secure throughout the entire shift.
- Receive resident concerns and take necessary steps to achieve a resolution. Communicate regularly and effectively with maintenance and management.
- Become an expert on all community features and amenities.
- Other duties as assigned or required.