Hotel Manager A170157
Hotel Manager A170157
Management, Hospitality - Hotel
The Hotel Manager supports Aqua Hotel and Resorts company Core Values and Mission Statement. The Hotel Manager is responsible for maximizing the return on investment to the owner of the hotel by achieving the objectives of the annual budget and strategic initiatives in guest service, employee opinion survey and profitability. Additionally, the Hotel Manager is responsible for ensuring the highest quality guest service and product is provided. The Hotel Manager is also responsible for maintaining a positive work environment for all employees and maintaining programs vital to the company culture. Ensures the hotel complies with company and brand standards, including all policies and procedures outlined in the company's Standard Operating Procedures Manual (SOP) and Human Resources Binder located on sharequa.com. The Hotel Manager is also responsible for direct, effective, immediate communication to the Area General Manager of any and all issues regarding the profitability of the asset including but not limited to union contract negotiations or any other type of labor negotiations, threats, media activity and any and all types of communication with the ownerships groups.
Essential Job functions:
- Assist the Area General Manager in supervising and developing the performance of all department managers and their respective departments, including Reservations, Revenue Management, Front Office, Housekeeping, Maintenance, Accounting, Human Resources and Sales and Marketing to ensure the highest level of guest and employee satisfaction in a cost efficient manner.
- Assist the Area General Manager in developing, implementing, monitoring and achieving the objectives of the Annual Budget, including Sales Strategies, Pricing, Revenue Management and the Operations/Capital Budget.
- Ensure all hotel policies and procedures are fully implemented in all departments, including Safety and Emergency and Human Resources as outlined on the company's shared website shareaqua.com.
- Ensure that the property specific employee Handbook is updated in a timely and regular basis. Ensure that all policies and procedures within the Employee Handbook, shareaqua.com and any memos regarding policies and procedures are adhered to by all employees on a consistent and regular basis.
- Lead the efforts and comply with the company's procedure regarding bookings.com and REVINATE.
- Protect and enhance the value of all hotel values through appropriate programs in repairs and maintenance, preventative maintenance, housekeeping, security and capital budgeting process.
- Develop and supervise programs that promote a positive work environment for all employees, insuring that all employment related processes comply with local, state and federal regulations, including compliance of specific union regulations as appropriate.
- Assist the Area General Manager in ensuring a timely and accurate completion of all period-end financial statements and reports and provide controls to ensure the proper handing and accounting for all hotel receipts.
- Responsible for hotel compliance to all Aqua Hotels and Resorts brand standards.
- Provide routine forecasting and financial re-projections that correspond to forecasted sales.
- Assist the Area General Manager in reviewing and approving all operating expenses for the hotel.
- Maintain credit policies of the hotel. Conduct credit meetings, supervision of collection of A/R accounts and approves bad debt write offs.
- Conduct monthly staff meetings monthly (minimum) to report key operating results to staff in areas of General Manager's Meetings, Employee Development and financial performance. Attend monthly General Manager's meetings and weekly revenue meetings. Locate meeting minutes on shareaqua.com if meetings are missed. Develop exchange of ideas, suggestions
Secondary Job Functions:
- Perform other tasks associated as necessary to achieve the financial performance and goals of the company.
- Promote the company in industry related associations.
Essential Physical Abilities:
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Ability to grasp, bend, stoop, push or pull heavy loads, and lift and or carry or otherwise move packages, boxes and luggage.
- Requires fingering, grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, hearing, visual acuity and good verbal skills.
- Two-year college degree or equivalent in a post secondary school education.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Three years hospitality supervisory/managerial experience supervising rooms, accounting, and food and beverage and sales department. .
- Strong aptitude in financial management, financial reports and analysis.
- Punctuality and regular reliable attendance.
- Three years experience as a hotel General Manager or Hotel Manager.
- Computer knowledge in Windows environment as well as prior experience with various PMS and POS systems.
- Ability to communicate in a second language.
- Four-year college or university program certificate in hospitality of related training.