Business Development Manager - East Bay
Business Development Manager - East Bay
Extended Stay America
Business Development, Sales, General Business, Management
• At least 2 years of outside sales experience, with a minimum of 1 years experience in field sales
• Hotel sales experience (particularly in the extended stay niche) is preferred but not required
• Must be proactive and knowledgeable of creative sales tactics and strategies to drive appropriate business to fulfill the hotel's need dates, seasonality, patterns, or strategic objectives
• Must be self-motivated with strong time management skills and keen abilities to set and achieve priorities
• Must have ability to cultivate and grow strong relationships
• Strong problem solving skills, ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously, function well under pressure, delegate effectively, and ability to remain positive and constructive under stress
• Excellent verbal and written communication, effective listening and presentation skills.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include infrequent evening and/or weekend meetings
• Must possess a valid driver's license and reliable transportation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & COMPETENCIES
• Ability to speak effectively before customers and employees of organization.
• Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Fluent in the English language.
and other employees of the organization. Fluent in the English language
• Ability to create and modify basic documents in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
• Must be able to use Microsoft Outlook for e-mail and use the internet for client research
• Must become proficient in all internal computer programs used for sales such as CRM, Lanyon, etc.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
The Business Development Manager is responsible for revenue attainment through direct sales on high impact revenue opportunities within a specified geographic area. This position generates revenue by conducting direct sales activities through personal effort and cooperation with others within the sales organization.
MAJOR / KEY JOB DUTIES
Accountable for meeting revenue objectives by conducting direct sales efforts to various sources within specified major market(s). These can include assigned market or national accounts or specific opportunities which are determined to have the highest potential for revenue.
Responsible for consistent and ongoing prospecting for and capturing new business via leads generated by the market team and through personal sales effort to identify new sources of business.
• Consistently meet all outlined goals for key requirements such as sales activities, revenue goals, etc. as assigned by Vice President, Sales and Regional Director, Field Sales.
• Understand performance objectives of ESH, and region, and collaborate with all appropriate sales, operations and revenue management teams.
• Communicate consistently to market leadership with regard to action plans and revenue pipeline progression.
• Work with market team to ensure proactive communication with all sales contacts to ensure client remains satisfied with ESH and troubleshoot and resolve any issues that arise
• Maintain accurate documentation of all account contact and sales activities, and opportunity pipeline within CRM program
• Contribute to the creation of standards and best practices in soliciting new accounts within ESH
• Drive outbound leads to other regions via the Reach 4 Rewards lead management system.
• Achievement of all revenue generation goals within set guidelines for average rates and occupancy impact in the market as determined by market leadership team and revenue management
• Achievement of all personal booking goals and pipeline valuation as determined by senior management
• Achievement of all sales activity quotas