Chief Medical Officer - JFK Medical Center (Atlantis, FL)
Chief Medical Officer - JFK Medical Center (Atlantis, FL)
JFK Medical Center
Executive, Health Care
- Doctorof Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO), Required
- Master'sdegree in business or related field,Preferred
- 10 years of experience in clinical practice, Preferred
- Experienceas a CMO (or equivalent) in a large, complex hospital or regional healthsystem, Required
- Additionaleducation and coursework in management and business, Preferred
- BoardCertified Physician, Required
- Statemedical board licensed, Required
Size of Hospital: 472-beds
JFK Medical Center was originally namedJohn F. Kennedy Hospital as the first memorial to our nation's 35th president,50 years ago in 1966. Growing with the community, JFK Medical Center hasevolved into a multi-campus medical center, with four locations throughout PalmBeach County.
Our Main Campus in Atlantis is a 472-bedacute care medical and surgical facility known for our Comprehensive Servicesincluding: 24-Hour Emergency Services, Cardiovascular Care, Cancer Care, BreastCare, Neurosciences, Stroke Care, General, Minimally Invasive & RoboticSurgery, Orthopedic Care, Spine Care, Bariatrics, Sleep Disorders, WoundManagement, Behavioral Health and Obstetrics.
JFK Medical Center North Campus, thelatest addition to our family, is a 245-bed acute care hospital, with anadjoining 88-bed psychiatric unit, and a medical professional office building.JFK North is the largest provider of Behavioral Health services in Palm BeachCounty.
We also offer two off-site EmergencyRooms in Palm Beach Gardens and West Boynton Beach. These facilities offer 24hour care for emergent conditions in adults and children. They provide the sameemergency treatment as our hospital based ER's, just closer to home.
We are pleased to continue to receiverecognition as a quality hospital with our designations by the Joint Commissionas a certified primary stroke center, as well as being recognized as one of the2014 and 2015 Truven Health Top 50 Cardiovascular hospitals in the Country.This prestigious annual award honors hospitals that have led the way withsuperior performance in cardiovascular service in four key areas: outcomes ofcare, service-line efficiency, financial performance, and core measuresalignment.
JFK Medical Center is committed toproviding quality, cost-effective healthcare to the communities we serve.
General Position Information
Reportsdirectly to: Chief Executive Officer
Matrix reportsto: DivisionChief Medical Officer
The FacilityChief Medical Officer leads clinical and quality initiatives that support theprovision of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across thehospital; facilitates the analysis of quality performance and prioritizationimprovement opportunities; provides senior level leadership to the infectioncontrol, risk management, safety, and medical staff credentialing functionsensuring the collaboration and coordination of all stakeholders in theseprocesses; and consults on an array of issues involving physicians.
PromotesPhysician Alignment between HCA-Affiliated Physicians and HCA Hospital andCorporate Leadership by:
- Leadingclinical performance expectations that support the goals of consistent clinicalperformance and practice standards across the facility to ensure superiorclinical outcomes and unparalleled patient experience
- Workingwith Hospital Chief Medical Officers, Chief Executive Officers, Medical Staffs,and Boards of Directors, to improve the functionality and effectiveness of thehospital medical staff organization
- Partneringand collaborating with medical staffs and hospital management teams,facilitating teamwork and shared goals. Representing medical staff viewpoints to management and relayingmanagement viewpoints to medical staff by establishing and maintaining mutuallybeneficial relationships between HCA leadership and community and/or employedphysicians.
- Providesclinical support and consultation regarding cost effective clinical resourcemanagement in the facilities by sharing of reports and recommendationsregarding how to reduce the variable cost per case while maintaining andenhancing clinical effectiveness.
- Creatingan environment of quality and cost improvement that is data driven and developssystems to review utilization of resources and objectively measure outcomes ofcare in the inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Servingas a direct liaison between HCA affiliated physicians and facility, andcorporate clinical services functions.
- Establishingand maintaining an ongoing program to orient and develop management expertisefor Hospital Chiefs of Staff, Medical Executive Committees, and other medicalstaff leaders by providing oversight and leadership for all medical educationprograms.
- Leadingeducational sessions and providing ongoing in service to facility medical staffregarding clinical resource management, appropriate documents standards,utilization and quality issues, and quality improvement activities incollaboration with the chief of staff or other clinical leadership in thefacility.
- Assemblingregional physician advisory panels to provide ongoing feedback to HCA seniormanagement and serves as a liaison between these committees and facility, and corporateleadership as well as to the affiliated physicians.
- Servingas spokesperson to HCA hospitals and affiliated physicians to explain andobtain buy in for, corporate, group, and facility, sponsored clinicalinitiatives.
- Collaboratingon a day to day basis with other facility and corporate Chief Medical Officers.
- Educatingphysicians on HCA clinical technologies.
- Collaboratingwith HPG and Supply Chain on formulary and supply opportunities.