Octo Consulting Group
Information Technology, Design, Management
- At least 5 years of post-collegiate professional experience
- At least 5 years of experience in Content Management System (CMS Administration).
- At least 3 years of experience with Wordpress
- Primary or secondary degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or related field
- Experience creating and maintaining websites built on WordPress.org's content management system
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Working knowledge of AWS
- Strong web design skills
- Familiarity with Agile management concepts.
- At least 3 years of experience with AWS.
- Ability to optimize posts and pages for best search engine visibility
- General graphic design skills (website banners, brochures, etc.)
- Proficiency with Website Analytics
- Social media integration
- WordPress plugin or theme development
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of the time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc.
- Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time
- Individual's primary workstation is located in an office area
- The noise level in this environment is low to moderate
At Octo, our focus is on delivering results that matter. We are a premier provider of digital solutions and services to the federal government specifically in the areas of UI/UX, Agile, Data, and Cloud services. We support and modernize our federal customer's mission critical systems and functions. Agility is at our core: it is the mantra that drives us to succeed. We work quickly, analytically and deliver on agency priorities.
Octo is a growth-oriented firm that provides a unique, differentiated employee culture relative to our Federal market peers. We leverage this growth-oriented and employee-focused culture to attract and retain a higher grade of talent than our peers to be an employer of choice.
- Please no Corp-to-Corp or 1099 candidates; this position is W-2 only
- We are unable to sponsor H1B applicants for this role
- US citizenship required as per potential clearance requirements
- Relocation will not be offered
- Octo Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Octo Consulting Group's commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment
- Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you'll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you'll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region's best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice! Octo Consulting Group is seeking a Web/Wordpress Administrator to join our growing team in Washington, DC. This individual will be responsible for providing Wordpress Administration for a Federal client. Manage, monitor and maintain Web servers and WordPress installation/related components, Ability to do minimal coding in PHP and Perl, User/Account Management. Supervise and manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of CMS systems and cloud resources in Amazon Web Services (AWS). Plan and monitor the optimizing of system operation and resource utilization, and perform systems capacity analysis and planning. Plan and monitor assistance to users in accessing and using business systems.
- WordPress Administrator
- Responsible for installation, configuration, and management of WordPress sites.
- Monitor and tune all environments for optimal performance
- Monitor, schedule and perform system patches, upgrades and support code deployments
- Establish and maintain appropriate access levels and permissions for environments
- Work closely with all team members to debug performance related problems and identify performance bottle necks
- Proactively make recommendations and follow through to keep environments secure, up to date, and functional for intended user groups
- Provide production (Tier - 2) support and extended support when required to meet project deadlines.
- Work with government employees and groups to ensure the application meets security requirements and assist in FISMA certifications and Audits.
- Responsible for managing VMs/Filesystems in production and lower environment including proactively validating backup policies.
- Create documentation on current processes and newly engineered solutions.
- Configure and manage AWS infrastructure providing optimal availability, performance, and best practices
- Responsible for maintaining an enterprise Wordpress deployment, working with the team to add content, and installing updates to WordPress, plugins, and themes.