Front Desk Agent
Front Desk Agent
Admin - Clerical
The Front Desk Agent represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest's stay. Determines a guest's reservation status and identifies how long the guest will stay. Helps guests complete registration cards and then assigns rooms, accommodating special requests whenever possible.
Verifies the guest's method of payment and follows established credit-checking procedures. Places guest and room information in the appropriate front desk file and communicates this information to the appropriate hotel personnel.
Works closely with the housekeeping department in keeping room status reports up to date and coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work. Maintains guest room key storage and programming.
Must be sales-minded. Presents options and alternatives to guests and offers assistance in making choices. Knows the location and types of available rooms as well as the activities and services of the property. Performs cashiering tasks like bill / invoice settlement, posting charges, paid out's, etc.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Register guests and assigns rooms accommodating special requests whenever possible
- Assists in preregistration and blocking of rooms for reservations
- Thoroughly understand and adheres to proper credit, and cash handling policies and procedures
- Understands room status and room status tracking
- Learns room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notification housekeeping of all check outs, late check-outs, early check-ins, stay-overs, special requests, and day use rooms
- Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary
- Understands and has working knowledge of all cancellation procedures
- Programs room keys
- Knows how to use front office equipment
- Process guest check-outs
- Performing cashier related functions like posting charges to guest accounts, posting adjustments, credit card settlements, and cash handling procedures
- Responsible for personal bank and understands the company policies of having access to a personal bank
- Uses proper respectful, courteous and friendly telephone etiquette
- Uses proper mail, package, and message handling procedures
- Reads and initials the daily pass-down
- Is aware of daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel
- Consistently attends department meetings
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or assistant manager
- Knows and operates by all safety and emergency procedures; Is aware of accident prevention policies
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area
- Understand that business demands sometimes make it necessary to move employees from their accustomed shift to other shifts
Education, Experience and Requirements:
- High school graduate or equivalent. Must speak, read, write, and understand the primary language used in the workplace. Must be able to speak and understand the primary language used by the guests who visits the hotel
- Previous hotel-related experience desired. Opera Property Management software preferred
- Requires fingering, grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, hearing, visual acuity, and may on occasion have to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
Boxer Property offers a full range of benefits including 401K and PTO after 90 days for eligible employees.
No calls or agencies please. Boxer Property will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States.