Front Desk Representative (ARIA)
Front Desk Representative (ARIA)
MGM Resorts International
Hospitality - Hotel
Please note: This job posting is designed to create a pool of qualified candidates for current and future opportunities.
It is the primary responsibility of the Front Desk Clerk to provide excellent customer service and create a safe and friendly environment for employees and guests by promoting goods and services, assigning rooms, registering guests, determining credit, rendering bills, receiving cash and credit payments, and providing excellent guest service. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and property policies, practices, and procedures.
- Welcome, greet, interact, and assist guests in a professional manner.
- Provide excellent service within the property's service standards and brand attributes.
- Exhibit a professional demeanor and willingness to assist all guests whenever possible.
- Answer property questions; provide accurate information regarding rooms, restaurants, Mlife, casino events, promotions, and directions.
- Contribute to a positive, empowering work environment by consistently performing assigned day-to-day responsibilities.
- Respond to and resolve guest complaints in a timely manner and creatively solve problems with the ability to anticipate, recognize, evaluate, and resolve potential difficulties.
- Meet the demands of a fast-paced environment by using good judgment and the ability to multitask.
- Ensure the privacy and confidentiality of guests and limit requests for information pertaining to guests in accordance with hotel policies.
- Complete all duties in accordance with property standards and adhere to all company policies and legal requirements regarding safety, health, and welfare of guests, employees, and the property.
- Register and assign rooms to guests.
- Promote and sell all products and services available at MGM Resorts International.
- Proactively provide quotes for room rates and up-sell to the guest.
- Control and issue keys to rooms and assist in coordination of the Front Desk and all supportive departments.
- Verify correct charges and credits are posted to the corresponding guest folio.
- Collect all required guest profile information during check-in process.
- Collect payment for charges on the guest folio.
- Ensure all cash and cash equivalents are accounted for and balanced at the beginning and end of each work shift.
- Promote M life enrollment and benefits to guests.
- Resolve guest complaints within scope of authority, otherwise referring matters to Front Desk management.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- At least 6 months of guest service experience.
- Ability to take initiative and exhibit flexibility.
- Ability to be persuasive.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- At least 1 year of previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
- Entry-level sales experience.
- Post-secondary education.