Manager, Hotel Accounting
Manager, Hotel Accounting
Park Hotels & Resorts
Hospitality - Hotel, Accounting, Management
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Minimum five years experience in Finance and Accounting
- Minimum of two years experience supervising team members and leading longer term project
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Two or more years working in a corporate accounting environment or public accounting experience
- Two years of hospitality industry and/or real estate investment trust experience
- Experience working in an accounting environment using Oracle/PeopleSoft and/or Hyperion Financial Management
- Experience establishing an accounting organization
- Experience in joint venture accounting
Park Hotels & Resorts (“Park”), is a leading lodging real estate company with a diverse portfolio of iconic and market-leading hotels and resorts with significant underlying real estate value. Its high-quality portfolio consists of 69 premium-branded hotels and resorts with nearly 36,000 rooms located in prime U.S. and international markets with high barriers to entry. Over 85% of Park's rooms are luxury and upper upscale and nearly 90% are located in the United States, including 14 of the top 25 markets as defined by Smith Travel Research (STR). Over 70% of its rooms are located in the central business districts of major cities and resort/conference destinations. With $2.7 billion of revenue, $817 million of Adjusted EBITDA and $299 million of net income in 2015, Park will be the second-largest publicly traded lodging REIT. Park is focused on generating attractive long-term total returns by enhancing the value of its exceptional properties and utilizing its scale to efficiently allocate capital while maintaining a strong and flexible balance sheet.
What will I be doing?
As a Manager, Hotel Accounting, you would be responsible for overseeing the accounting function for Park's hotel portfolio in continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Establishes procedures and processes in relation to all aspects of hotel accounting and manages the execution of strategy and direction for hotel accounting.
- Interfaces with stakeholders from other departments (Legal, Tax, Asset Management).
- Manages the interactions with the hotel finance team including that of third party managers.
- Reviews the accounting activities associated with hotel operating activity, including proper recording of fees, working capital and intercompany lease expense.
- Manages the implementation and maintenance of accounting internal control policies and procedures to ensure the internal control environment is maintained for all aspects of hotel operations accounting and provides supporting documentation to internal and external auditors regarding completion of control procedures.
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors to provide requested documentation supporting accounting transactions.
- Disseminate, organize and communicate regarding assignments and projects within the department and with senior leaders/constituents from other departments.
- Perform a detailed review of the properties' financial statements and the accompanying work papers.
- Ability to interpret and adhere to complex legal contracts, management agreements, joint venture agreements, financing arrangements, banking structures, etc. Possess general analytical skills and be able to apply to practical situations.
- Implement and manage team goals to ensure strategies and directives of department are carried out and in accordance with department and company objectives.
- Mentors and develops all direct reports.