SUSA Security Officer - Regular
SUSA Security Officer - Regular
Customer Service, Distribution - Shipping, Hospitality - Hotel
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone).
Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
Education/Experience: Associate's degree and 3 or more years of experience in a field related to the security industry and/or business management, and responsible experience in the security industry, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Additional relevant experience can be substituted for the required education on the basis of one calendar year of experience for one academic year of education.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
Knowledge of security operations.
Knowledge of business operations management and human resources administration.
Use of personal computer and spreadsheet software.
Ability to synthesize business/financial data and develop solutions.
Planning, organizing and leadership skills.
Oral and written communications skills.
Strong customer service and service delivery orientation.
Ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
Ability to be an effective leader and member of teams.
Ability to take initiative and achieve results.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, media and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled
substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
Regular use of vehicle required in the performance of duties.
Regular talking and hearing.
Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25
Occasional walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling in the performance of site surveys.
Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Frequent travel to client sites for oral presentations, group meetings, and site surveys.
Directing, motivating, training, coaching, and disciplining staff in a positive manner.
Reading and analyzing reports and financial data, including related computer usage.
Responding on an on-call basis to emergencies and incidents at all hours.
JOB SUMMARY: Observes and reports activities and incidents at an assigned client site, providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel. Makes periodic tours to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment. Preserves order and may act to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors and premises.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Controls access to client site or facility through the admittance process; assists visitors with a legitimate need to gain entry to the facility; screens visitors and client employees in an efficient manner in order to expedite their admittance to the site or facility.
- Provides an atmosphere in which all client employees and visitors know that the client responds to and cares about their needs; provides a courteous, respectful and pleasant interaction with each client employee and visitor as perceived from their point of view; presents a good image of the client and its security department.
- Communicates in a manner that is open, honest and responsive in all situations; to the extent authorized, provides information regarding the site and surrounding area as requested by visitors.
- Monitors entrances and exits; acts to prevent unapproved or unlawful entry; controls entrances, the movement of people and vehicles, and parking; operates a gate and examines vehicle contents; monitors remote entrances using closed-circuit television; operates remote access devices; in a calm manner directs persons who cause a disturbance to leave the property.
- Patrols assigned site on foot or in vehicle; checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked ingress and egress, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons; inspects buildings and grounds using appropriate equipment and protective gear.
- Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies or security investigations; sets up barriers and signage, and provides direction or information to others.
- Prepares logs or reports as required for site; writes or types reports or enters information in a computer using standard grammar; inspects security control logs and takes action as required.
- Observes and reports incidents or suspicious activity to client representatives, company management, life/safety personnel or public safety authorities as appropriate for the circumstances and/or as required by the site.
- Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents or conditions following procedures established for the site, by the company, and/or through training or certification.
- Acts to ensure that all property removal is conducted within appropriate policy requirements and in accord with client standards; identifies client products or materials among items carried by client employees or visitors.
- Carries out specific tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for the assigned site.