Director of Park Hosts (Park MGM)
Director of Park Hosts (Park MGM)
MGM Resorts International
Hospitality - Hotel, Marketing
The Director Park Host provides overall strategic direction and day-to-day oversight of the Park Host team including strategic planning, leadership, financial performance and development of staff. Additionally, this position is responsible for establishing and developing relationships with identified VIP guests and leveraging expertise and amenities to drive incremental Hotel revenue. All duties are performed in accordance with department and property policies, practices and procedures.
- Directs the research, developments, evaluation, and implementation of new products, services, technology, and processes to ensure a competitive position in anticipation of changing guest's needs within the dynamic hospitality and gaming environment.
- Develops and executes strategic marketing plans in order to create new and further cultivate guest relationships in order to grow the database and increase client levels including hosting and managing the coordination of special events for existing, inactive and potential VIP guests.
- Develops collaborative relationships and synergy with all support departments such as Casino Marketing, Convention Sales & Services, Facilities, Security, Housekeeping, Front Services, Sky Pool, Front Office, F&B and Executive Offices.
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment when evaluating guest activity, frequency of stay and total spend, in order to determine guest incentives like comps, upgrades, room revisions and special rates for current and future reservations.
- Creates and execute department's strategic plans to grow revenue streams, effectively recognize areas of opportunity for cost containment in order to surpass budgeted objectives and maximize EBITDA.
- Manages departmental expenditures, prepare justification for budget variations, and projected increases for new projects.
- Creates strategic ways to further enrich the guest experience by continuously reviewing, implementing and refining procedures to ensure every opportunity to offer unique guest experiences aligned with the brand attributes.
- Stays abreast of property goals in order to create, support and present departmental goals to executive leadership.
- Manages guest reservations by using VIPR, OPERA & PATRON management systems.
- Proactively seek guest feedback and liaise with other departments when opportunities present themselves ensuring a seamless and elevated guest experience.
- Manages guest requests and own all complaints; resolve issues immediately and follow up to ensure the guest's satisfaction.
- Fosters a management team that possesses and delivers on key strategies of guest service, employee relations, team cooperation, financial responsibility and asset management.
- Educates management on departmental goals ensuring the buy in and support of all team members as they directly affect the success of the department.
- Generates calls to qualifying luxury guests and achieves the conversion percentage goal for future reservations.
- Creates a succession plan for departmental leadership by meeting frequently to review career objectives, leadership strengths, identifying personal constraints for improvement and career obstacles in an effort to cultivate future leaders for MGM Resorts International.
- Responsible for overall department team member development including hiring, firing, coaching, offering recommendations, promoting and/or accountable for any changes to an employee's status.
- Ensures all accounting, payroll and employee relations matters are handled in compliance with Company policy.
- Establishes and maintains a culture of integrity, teamwork, and respect to ensure the long-term continued growth and profitability of the department.
- Maintains a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction.
- Perform all other related job duties as necessary.
- At least 5 years of Casino Marketing/Executive Hosting experience, 5 years of VIP Services management experience, or 5 years of luxury guest services management experience.
- At least 5 years of luxury guest services management experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Working knowledge of Patron Management, Opera, GoConcierge and VIPR.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.