Greenleaf Center: PRN Housekeeper
Greenleaf Center: PRN Housekeeper
Hospitality - Hotel, Health Care, Facilities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the daily cleaning of the facility as instructed, including, but not limited to sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, polishing of fixtures, cleaning carpets and cleaning bathrooms.
- Check cleaning cart daily to determine inventory of supplies.
- Check linen supply daily to determine inventory of supplies.
- Prepare rooms for incoming admissions.
- Make beds and prepare new linens as required.
- Maintain log of supplies needed and request purchase of supplies when indicated.
- Complete all tasks as assigned by Supervisor and Administrator.
- Set up for scheduled meetings as indicated by meeting schedule.
- Communicate with Director of Facilities Management on a daily basis.
- Communicate with staff daily to ensure proper care for special need patients.
- Develop and maintain a positive work climate and support the overall mission of PGH.
- Respect the dignity and confidentiality of patients.
- Participate in department in-service/training programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Vacuum cleaner, mop, bucket, cleaning cart, other equipment as necessary.
Qualifications and Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One (1) year experience in housekeeping services preferred.
- Good understanding of equipment utilized in cleaning a healthcare facility preferred.
Working Condition/Physical Requirements
- Able to tolerate gradient levels of standing, walking, stooping and lifting 30 lbs.
- Tolerance to stressful situations and various conditions unpleasant to the sense of sight, touch and smell.
- Ability to adjust to increased workloads
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.Qualifications Skills
RequiredSafety Minded Advanced
Attention to Detail Expert
PreferredCustomer Focus Intermediate
Planning & Organizing Intermediate
Oral Communication Intermediate
Problem Solving Intermediate
Team Player Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Loyal Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Enthusiastic Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Flexibility Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Ability to Make an Impact Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Goal Completion Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
High School/GED or better.
1 year Housekeeping/Janitorial Services
1 year Housekeeping/Janitorial Services in a hospital setting
Licenses & Certifications