Senior Financial Analyst (MGM Springfield)
Senior Financial Analyst (MGM Springfield)
MGM Resorts International
The Senior Analyst of Planning &Analysis will report directly to Manager Planning & Analysis. This position will provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis to support the CFO, and participate in the property-level budgeting process in collaboration with the Corporate FP&A team. The Analyst is located on-property, and therefore his or her work spans across its functional areas. The Analyst will be expected to manage their own execution in supporting broader team initiatives. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts policies, practices and procedures.
- Consults with property leaders to understand needs and expectations
- Collaborates with Manager Planning & Analysis in identifying and executing on analysis opportunities within the property
- Participates in planning and budgeting activities at property fostering strong partnership with Corporate Finance
- Contributes to financial management of Property by providing insights and recommendations on cash flow, cost identification and allocation, and risk management
- Collaborates in data and analytics innovation
- Partners with Enterprise Analytics to assist Property team in action planning on insights, tracking of progress and achievement of goals
- Creates ad-hoc reporting, analyzes and make recommendations regarding analysis to senior Planning and Analysis team members
- Proactively learns the business across functional areas
- Coaches Analyst in their role
- Provides and directs Human Resources responsibilities to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the company's diversity commitment; adherence to the company's status quo third party representation philosophy; compliance with company policies, and legal requirements
- Forecasts revenues and expenses for company budget through analysis of business operations and trends
- Prepares presentations for upper management on a routine basis
- Other job related duties as assigned
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Business or IT Analytics related field or equivalent work experience.
- At least three (3) years of analysis and/or budgeting experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Bilingual, English as the primary or secondary language
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Have or be able to obtain a Gaming Registration
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and related computer programs.
- Have a professional appearance and demeanor
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, sound judgment, project management and problem solving skills with excellent oral and written communication to effectively deal with internal and external contacts.
- Strong ability to analyze and work with statistical data
- Strong leadership ability and a desire to learn
- Maintain an organized and successful operation by proactively identifying the need for change.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Able to maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, database, and analytical and financial systems.
- Regular scheduled hours : Work Days: Mon - Fri Hours: 9am Ð 6pm
- Other Ð Must be flexible if needed for occasional work outside of normal business hour and to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
MGM Resorts International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, MGM Resorts International will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.