Food Runner - Primrose (Park MGM)
Food Runner - Primrose (Park MGM)
MGM Resorts International
Restaurant - Food Service
This restaurant concept is part of the overall property transformation of Monte Carlo to Park MGM. Park MGM is a new concept by MGM and New York City based Sydell Group, conceived to target a more discerning, well-traveled demographic seeking unique experiences and innovative design. Park MGM will appeal to this growing audience's desire to be more social, connected and culturally aware.
This specific restaurant concept will be located off of the main lobby and will interact with the redesigned pool experience. It will serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner with a culinary focus on homemade classics and vegetable forward dishes. The venue will be activated throughout the day and will flex with hotel arrivals, T-Mobile Arena events, Park Theater events, and our convention calendar.
It is the primary responsibility of the Food Runner to serve guests while providing courteous and prompt tableside service to all guests. The food runner must be able to describe all dishes brought to the dining room in a detailed manner and answer pertinent questions. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and property policies, practices, and procedures, as well as Park MGM Brand Standard.
- Demonstrate SHOW basics for Guest Satisfaction.
- Has complete knowledge of all products and specifications.
- Knows and uses service guidelines described in this guide.
- Greets guests warmly with a smile, making eye contact, and using the guests name whenever possible.
- Greet guests in a positive, friendly manner and make them feel welcome.
- Consistently follow sequence of service utilizing all proper procedures standardized by the room management.
- Expedite food from the kitchen to the tables as dictated by sequence of service and by the Chef or kitchen expeditor.
- Describe food upon placement on the table, answering any questions pertaining to the dishes.
- Runs food in the manner in which is described in this manual.
- Describes menu features as needed (including changes and additions).
- Always communicates with the expeditor to ensure that food goes to the correct table and position.
- Is aware of all upcoming orders.
- Is aware of status of tables expecting food.
- Always uses position numbers.
- Performs assigned opening and closing side-work.
- Communicates the needs of the guests to kitchen and management. Informs management of guests' reactions and comments. Assists management as needed to ensure smooth operation and quality service.
- Helps promote a safe and clean environment for guests and co-worker.
- Checks that each table is marked with proper silverware.
- Checks dining area, tables, and chairs for cleanliness. Maintains good cleanliness and organization of stations and service areas.
- Keeps stations stocked throughout shift.
- Assists in guest services as directed by server, expeditor, table checker, the Chef and management.
- Further duties not currently listed in this outline may be added at the manager's discretion.
- Follows and executes the Primrose and Park MGM Resorts core service standards as outlined in training.
- Follow all procedures and policies set forth by the company, division and department.
- Follow all health and safety regulations.
- Successful completion of Restaurant Training Program and testing is required.
- Performs all other job related duties as requested.
- At least 6 months experience in a high volume dining restaurant as a Food Runner or Server.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Three meal restaurant experience.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.