Floor Supervisor - Housekeeping (ARIA)
Floor Supervisor - Housekeeping (ARIA)
MGM Resorts International
Hospitality - Hotel
The housekeeping supervisor is dedicated to providing refined luxury service in order to create lasting and favorable memories. This position promotes, directs, and leads the company's core service standards and brand attributes; supports the company's sustainability initiatives and platform; and manages the operations by maintaining a positive, forward-thinking, and safe environment. All duties are performed in accordance with department and property policies, practices and procedures.
- Supervise department functions on a shift basis.
- Ensure adherence to guest services standards within established departmental policies and procedures.
- Provide a positive, empowering, and productive work environment through setting an example and consistency of daily work habits and standards.
- Maintain all departmental assets including equipment repairs and maintenance and ensure all departmental areas (FOH&BOH) are maintained, clean and organized.
- Instruct new hires and employees on the expectations and responsibilities for each role.
- Proactively greet, interact, and assist resort staff in a professional manner to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious work environment and thank them when they lend assistance.
- Support and follow company policies, legal requirements, and guidelines of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Meet the demands of a fast paced environment by using good judgment and the ability to multi-task.
- Conduct performance evaluations in accordance with property and company guidelines, and maintain employee files.
- Properly utilize performance feedback, recognition, training, and adherence to company policies, legal requirements.
- Maintain confidentiality of department affairs.
- Participate in the evaluation, and implementation of new products.
- Stay current, knowledgeable, and abreast of the latest industry equipment, technology, and techniques.
- Maintain the integrity of a guest room inspection program on a regular basis.
- Mentor and develop staff in regards to consistency, training, and overall departmental standards and policies.
- Supervise employees to ensure they are alert to all their duties and adhere to Company policies and procedures regarding safety, health and welfare of the guest and the property.
- Responsible for properly executing all requests made by VIP Services, Executives, etc.
- Coordinate turn-down services, and other special requests made by VIP services and guests.
- Supervise Human Resources responsibilities which include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction.
- Work closely with supervisory and managerial staff to develop overall skills and growth.
- Participate in the Company's diversity commitment.
- Own all requests and complaints; resolve issues immediately and follow up to ensure the guest's satisfaction.
- Be knowledgeable of Hotel information to answer guest inquiries.
- Identify and report defects throughout the Hotel; notify supervisors immediately of hazards, injuries, equipment or processes that negatively affect the operations.
- Participate in the property's sustainability initiative through energy conservation and the use of recycling programs and materials.
- Ensure Hotel property and equipment is properly used and maintained, including telephone and computers.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- At least 1 year of previous management experience.
- Previous experience managing a workforce of over 8 employees.
- Previous experience working in a large Housekeeping department.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Familiarity with Green Initiatives and/or LEED programs.
- Previous experience managing employees using a Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.