Service Support Manager-Heavy Equipment
Service Support Manager-Heavy Equipment
The Service Support Manager for the Heavy Equipment business will manage service support for Dealers, District Product Support Managers, National Accounts, and Large Governmental contracts. Managing the relationship with New York City Sanitation accounts in respect to warranty, parts, and service is top priority. This role will be the communication link between the field staff (District Service Managers, Dealers, etc.) and internally with Product Management, Quality, Parts, Sourcing, and the Product Liability teams. The focus of this position is to increase uptime of Customers, Dealers, National Accounts, and Large Government Contract machines. Strong relationships will need to be built with the company's dealerships and customers for the purpose of information, fact gathering and sharing.
Role & Responsibility
Regional, National and Larger Government Accounts
- Main focus is to manage the Service and Parts relationship with New York City (NYC) Sanitation account. Monthly visit to address any warranty, service, or parts issues.
- Document all failures to give fast resolution to down machine conditions. Give monthly report to Sales, Service, and Parts on status of NYC account for highest visibility to all critical issues. Determine all parts needs for stock by Doosan NA parts, to support Dealers and NYC Sanitation.
- Build relationships with all National Accounts and Large Government contracts to ensure service and parts needs are addressed in a timely manner. Coordinate with Doosan Parts department to make sure the parts supply is adequate to support all accounts.
- Plan, schedule, and execute monthly conference calls with major National Accounts and Large Government contracts
- Act as liaison between Doosan dealerships and National & Government Accounts.
Field Mod Administration
- Manage communications with Korea and Norway on all Field Modifications (FM).
- Manage the FM process to ensure that FM's are released to the Dealers and National Accounts in a timely and accurate manner.
- Development of all direct reports through training and mentoring, and making sure that they have the tools required to perform effectively and efficiently.
Call Tracs Management
- Manage the Doosan Call Tracs system and ensure that Dealers have the service information they need to Service Doosan heavy equipment in a timely manner.
- Utilize Korean Nex2u system for all service or troubleshooting information that is needed for critical machine failures.
- Report to Doosan Quality team all reoccurring issues that need to be addressed with Korean and Norway Quality and Engineering
- Ensure that Call Tracs input accuracy is maintained to increase knowledge database for future use by Doosan Dealers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technical field.
- 7+ years' experience, with a minimum of 5 years' experience in the construction equipment industry and managing dealership relationships.
- 5+ years' supervisory experience.
- Strong technical knowledge of Doosan Heavy products.
- Strong structural analysis skills, and electrical & hydraulic knowledge.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent cross-functional teamwork skills.
- Strong time management skills and priority focus.
- MS Office Suite competency.
- Travel: 25 - 50%.
The world-renowned brands that make up Doosan Infracore Construction Equipment produce industry-leading compact and heavy construction equipment, attachments, air compressors, lighting systems, generators and articulated dump trucks. Doosan Infracore Construction Equipment is a part of the Doosan Group, which employs 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide. With people at the core of who we are, we believe the growth of our people will lead to the continued growth and success of our world-class company. Our team of dedicated employees is the backbone that allows us to provide construction equipment solutions that help our customers build the world of tomorrow. Wherever you find us, you'll hear the sounds of progress, see the results of our people and feel the rhythm of transformation in everything we do.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-476-4263.