Sava Senior Care
4 Year Degree
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Current license in Occupational Therapy (if required by state law).
- One (1) year of clinical experience preferred.
- State approved certification to provide advanced level treatments where applicable.
Physical Demands & Environment
Shift work may be required. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk and hear. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We focus on people. Our residents. Their lives. Their health. Their families. We are one of the largest providers of short-term and long-term health care services in the United States. Through our affiliated entities, we provide services through skilled nursing facilities in 23 states. We are committed to providing compassionate, family oriented short-term and long-term care. We focus on individualized care that respects the dignity and rights of our residents. Our aim is to care for every resident the way we would our family members. We strive to provide our residents with services designed to achieve quality care and quality of life. To reach these outcomes we subscribe to quality treatment with a combination of 'caring and curing'. Select facilities provide Intravenous Therapy Services, Respiratory Therapy Services, Dementia Services and all facilities provide Rehabilitation Services.
Our affiliated facility in Alice, TX is seeking an Occupational Therapist to join our In-House Rehab Team! Please apply online via this posting for an expedited process.
Retama Manor Nursing Center- Alice
606 Coyote Trail, Alice, TX 78332
Who are we?
*In-House Rehab Team
*Skilled Nursing Facility Setting
*ROX / Rehab Optima GiftRAP Software
*ACP Modality Equipment
*Vital Stim Equipment
What do we offer?
*Blue Ribbon Employee Award
*Storms of Life Foundation
*Continuing Education Opportunities
*Employee Referral Bonuses
Evaluates and treats residents and patients with conditions that are mentally, physically, developmentally, or emotionally disabling to improve their ability to perform tasks of daily living and working environments in compliance with federal guidelines and state practice acts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Under a physician's orders, screens and evaluates resident/ patient and develops appropriate care plan.
- Instructs residents, families and caregivers in the use of adaptive equipment such as wheelchairs, splints, and aids for eating and dressing.
- Maintains patient records in an accurate and timely manner.
- Devises special tools and treatments for the specific needs of patients.
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.