PeopleSoft Transition Manager (Proposal)
PeopleSoft Transition Manager (Proposal)
Octo Consulting Group
Information Technology, Management, Professional Services
4 Year Degree
- Experience managing the transition from, or to, other contractors on at least 1 large IT business systems program for a Federal Government client
- 8+ years' experience with program/project management or contract transition
- Experience managing change across multiple stakeholder groups or customers in an IT environment
- Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization and with leadership of other contractors
- Strong collaboration, risk management, conflict management, and verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Experience and Capabilities:
- Leadership of a transition team
- Workshop facilitation expertise
- Experience supporting Treasury HR Connect system or another Federal HR LOB system
Certifications and Clearance:
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) (preferred)
- Clearable to Active Treasury High Risk Background Investigation (BI) (required)
- Active Treasury High Risk Background Investigation (BI) (preferred)
Required Education: BS/BA degree in technology, business, or related field (required)
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of the time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc.
- Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time
- Individual's primary workstation is located in an office area
- The noise level in this environment is low to moderate
At Octo, our focus is on delivering results that matter. We are a premier provider of digital solutions and services to the federal government specifically in the areas of UI/UX, Agile, Data, and Cloud services. We support and modernize our federal customer's mission critical systems and functions. Agility is at our core: it is the mantra that drives us to succeed. We work quickly, analytically and deliver on agency priorities.
Octo is a growth-oriented firm that provides a unique, differentiated employee culture relative to our Federal market peers. We leverage this growth-oriented and employee-focused culture to attract and retain a higher grade of talent than our peers to be an employer of choice.
- Please no Corp-to-Corp or 1099 candidates; this position is W-2 only
- We are unable to sponsor H1B applicants for this role
- US citizenship required as per potential clearance requirements
- Relocation will not be offered
- Octo Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Octo Consulting Group's commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment
- Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you'll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you'll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region's best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
Octo Consulting Group is seeking a Transition Manager to join our growing team.
The Transition Manager will lead a team with the following responsibilities:
- Prepare for an IT service contract transition to include development of plans, checklists, schedules, and other supporting documentation
- Develop a detailed transition plan, to include identifying all milestones, activities, and tasks to maximize transition success
- Facilitate working sessions with Government stakeholders to document current state and to be internal business processes, along with a time-phased migration plan that reflects the evolution of internal government processes under the current contracts to the new contracts
- Conduct knowledge transfer activities, collect and review artifacts, and determine transition risks and mitigation strategies
- Prepare communication materials informing various stakeholder audiences on changes, timelines, impacts, etc.
- Provide transition status briefings to Government leaders as needed
- Support internal training and facilitate meetings between the incumbent and incoming contractors to increase collaboration and knowledge transfer
- Provide the transition team and client with information related to processes, procedures, tools, methodologies, and techniques for accomplishing successful transition
- Deliver the transition close-out report and capture lessons learned