Installation - Maint - Repair
The Maintenance Technician is to assist the Maintenance Supervisor in maintaining the physical integrity of the community. This involves ensuring a safe, secure and comfortable living environment for residents, visitors, and staff. The Maintenance Technician will carry out assigned duties as requested by the Maintenance Supervisor. In the absence of the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Technician may assume all maintenance responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations (such as Lead Based Paint, ADA, Fair Housing, HAZCOM Program, OSHA, etc.).
- Must be knowledgeable of all pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations.
- Must be aware of the condition of the property at all times and take immediate steps to correct any unsafe condition.
- Schedule and perform routine preventive maintenance.
- Properly secure and care for property equipment and supplies.
- Provide input to property budget.
- Responsible for 100% Ready Apartments for move in.
- Perform work area clean-up and safety related duties.
- Diagnose and perform minor or routine maintenance or repair, as directed.
- Inspect and help coordinate all needed make-ready repairs and services.
- Report all major repairs and need requisitions to Maintenance Supervisor prior to any expenditure of funds.
- Ability to be on-call afterhours emergency service as requested.
- Completes all service requests within 24 hours, unless the request requires extraordinary parts or labor.
- Any other requests made by the Maintenance Supervisor, Property Manager, Regional Manager, or other company official as needed.
- Flexible with the work schedule, including availability to work weekends, evenings, and/or holidays.
- And other responsibilities as directed by the immediate supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High level of proficiency in written, verbal, and arithmetic skills.
- Ability to plan and juggle multi-task environment and support maintenance team.
- Must possess solid knowledge of carpentry, electrical, plumbing, etc.
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years experience in property management.
- Valid driver's license.
Current Certifications in EPA, CPO, Mold Class.
Ability to earn future designations as required by Industry standards, EPA regulations, OSHA requirements, etc.