Team Leader - Expedia
Team Leader - Expedia
SYKES - US Center
This position routinely supervises two or more full time customer service agents. Responsible for the daily/monthly performance of the client's account. This includes managing attrition, absenteeism, delivering performance management documentation at the Customer Service Agent level.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adherence to SYKES policies on ethics and integrity.
- Through effective leadership, focuses on team performance and attrition. Manages escalation procedures and ensures service levels are maintained. Assesses, documents, tracks, and monitors problems to ensure resolution in a timely manner.
- Responsible for interviewing and selection of new hires and evaluating agents, performance management documentation and where applicable, initiating the termination process. Provides training and mentoring for Team Coaches and Team Supervisors when applicable.
- Client interface capable but dependent upon account needs, attends client calls when appropriate. Secondary point of contact for the client. Works with AM for client information.
- Dialogues with customers frequently to determine their needs. Builds relationships with internal and external customers. Aligns work processes, structure, and systems to meet customer needs. Builds rapport and establishes trust with coworkers and client.
- Provides accurate, timely, and professionally written, statistical and verbal reports to management for historical, current status, and forecasting purposes.
- May perform other additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Directly supervises a staff of Customer Service Agents
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma and 12 months relevant experience of which 6 months must be in a Call Center environment or equivalent combination of education and experience. Working knowledge of supported operating systems, software, and hardware preferred. Understanding of troubleshooting processes, technology and tools preferred. PEAK program completion.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Outstanding oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Solid report analysis and analytical skills
- Strictly adheres and demands strict adherence to the company's policies
- Excellent attention to details
- Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish.
- Embraces change and drives growth.
- Ability to act with integrity and trust in all work interactions.
- Ability to be trusted with confidential information.
- A team player with the ability to build rapport and establishes trust with coworkers and client.
- Indentifies, communicates, motivates and educates team members with new initiatives.
- Ability to motivate others beyond the status quo while understanding the needs of team members.
- Ability to guide team members in a way that encourages involvement and increases their sense of ownership
- Some travel required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and/or listen. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
COMMITMENT TO ETHICS AND EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated is firmly committed to conducting business in compliance with the letter and spirit of the law and other accepted standards of business conduct as reflected in the company's policies. SYKES is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. SYKES is committed to selecting, developing, and rewarding the best person for the job based on the requirements of the work to be performed and without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability/handicap, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity and expression, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by employees in this position.