Assistant Manager Purchasing Compliance (MGM Springfield)
Assistant Manager Purchasing Compliance (MGM Springfield)
MGM Resorts International
Purchasing - Procurement
It is the responsibility of the Asst Manager Purchasing Compliance to prepare, maintain, and report purchasing-related data and analysis that ensure supplier compliance as defined by Massachusetts Gaming Commission (MGC), the MGM Springfield / Springfield Host Community Agreement (HCA), and MGM Springfield's Internal Control Standards, and efforts while providing excellent guest service. The Asst Manager Purchasing Compliance is also responsible for managing the local Supplier Diversity strategy, metrics and engagement of Springfield's local business partners and the diverse business community. This includes but is not limited to managing operations of the program through effective communication, developing & facilitating on-going training, managing supplier development programs and executing diversity strategies to achieve compliance to Massachusetts Gaming Commission (MGC), the MGM Springfield / Springfield Host Community Agreement (HCA), and MGM Springfield's Internal Control Standards. All duties are to be performed in accordance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and ordinances, as well as department and Company policies, practices, and procedures, within the framework and intent of the MGM Springfield Mission Statement.
- Prepare, run, review, and analyze reports for CBA and GOMA and work with Global Procurement to analyze and make recommendations to meet or exceed our County and State goals
- Lead quarterly/annual audit of local diverse supplier category and spend for accurate reporting
- Determine and manage local diversity requirements within financial /purchasing systems updates, enhancements and conversions; monitors and reports local program supplier performance, property purchase trends, and compliance. Assess, develop and execute on-going Springfield specific training for local staff, diverse suppliers and MGM Resorts Procurement representatives
- Develop and maintain local Supplier Diversity standard operating procedures (SOP); execute and maintain local Supplier Diversity procedures for annual internal audit review; includes attending and managing the Supplier Diversity's participation at local tradeshows, workshops and other events related to Supplier Diversity for continued public visibility and engagement
- Conduct local diverse supplier office site visits and meetings to access and advise of strategies for engaging with the Springfield property
- Collaborate with properties, sourcing & purchasing teams to increase bid opportunities for certified diverse owned businesses
- Responsible for managing the supplier on-boarding process, as well as supplier compliance. Works with Springfield Compliance Manager to respond to State and County inquiries
- Responsible for guiding suppliers through MGC approval process.
- Stay informed of state, county and MGC laws and regulations, best practices, and standards that affect the business, its operations, and its delivery of services
- Assist Purchasing Management in Stratton Warren End-User training.
- Assist Purchasing Management in preparing and/or presenting to local suppliers and government officials at outreach events, seminars, workshops, and local county events
- Monitor local program supplier pricing compliance with fixed price and cost plus contracts
- Responsible for verifying NAICS codes, CMBE, CBB, LBE letters/certifications as it relates to achieving local and state spend requirements
- Prepare Purchasing, Finance, and Supplier Diversity documents and reports to respond to and support internal and external audit requirements; Recommend additional report requirements, as well as, documents selection criteria for reporting and report types
- Help with identifying opportunities for cost savings with additional supplier sources, alternative purchasing practices, and other methods; while ensuring compliance with MGC certification requirements and the MGM Springfield / Springfield's Host Community Agreement (HCA). Assists in developing vertical sourcing plans. Supports efforts in identifying and developing qualified diverse suppliers
- Assist Purchasing Management with the review of submitted RFPs. Aid Purchasing Management with pricing tabulations and evaluations and other qualifications/requirements to select the supplier representing the best total value
- Responsible for issuing purchase requisitions, blanket releases, and purchase orders when necessary to procure goods and services in accordance with established policies and procedures while ensuring purchase order item numbers, prices, extended prices, and approvals are correct. Resolve purchase order and invoice discrepancies for said transactions created with suppliers and accounts payable.
- Lead buyers with market and supplier analysis to identify local, regional, and minority businesses for opportunities to maintain and exceed county and state goals.
- Create reports and tools for performance tracking using advanced excel, macros, SQL and databases.
- Support Purchasing Management in updating purchasing standard operating procedures, training documents, templates, forms, etc. Ensure documented processes and demonstrated controls are in place to maintain compliance with state and federal regulations. Aid in the training of new buyers on departmental and MGM Springfield policies and procedures.
- Other job related duties as requested.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: List all direct report titles and number of incumbents in each title.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or other related field
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working with compliance and/or diversity programs in a business environment.
- Minimum of one (1) year of analytical experience in a business environment including use of advanced excel functions and SQL queries
- Minimum of one (1) year of Purchasing experience
- Effectively communicate in English, both written and oral forms
- Previous experience with a purchasing system(s), Stratton Warren preferred.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- MA Gaming License as required
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Demonstrated ability to collect and perform data analysis.
- Working knowledge with database query and reporting (Query, Showcase, Crystal etc.) preferred.
- Knowledge of the Massachusetts Gaming Commission (MGC) and Springfield's Host Community Agreement (HCA) regulations relative to purchasing functions and selection of suppliers, preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, and Access. Proficiency testing will be required.
- Strong keyboarding and typing.
- Excellent guest service and hospitality skills.
- Strong Analytical and listening skills.
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to perform various activities such as constant standing, walking, frequent bending, reaching, kneeling, and squatting.
- Ability to multi-task several activities and duties simultaneously
- Ability to function and act independently.
- Ability to work well with people, in a team environment, and to communicate effectively both written & oral.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all business contacts.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, in both oral and written forms.
- Regular scheduled hours : Work Days: Monday through Friday Hours: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Other Ð Must be flexible if needed for occasional work outside of normal business hours.
MGM Resorts International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, MGM Resorts International will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.