San Antonio Security officer-South
San Antonio Security officer-South
Entry Level, Hospitality - Hotel, Retail
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone).
Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
Education/Experience: none necessary
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing): customer service, people skills
Use of personal computer and spreadsheet software a plus.
Oral and written communications skills.
Strong customer service skills preffered
Ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
Ability to be an effective leader and member of teams.
Ability to take initiative and achieve results.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, media and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled
substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
Regular use of vehicle required in the performance of duties at some sites and clean driving record a must on those sites.
Regular talking and hearing.
Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25
Occasional walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling in the performance of site surveys.
Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Responding on an on-call basis to emergencies and incidents.
- Observes and reports activities and incidents at an assigned client site, providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel.
- Makes periodic patrols to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment.
- Preserves order and may act to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
- Controls access to client site or facility through the admittance process
- Patrols assigned site on foot or in vehicle; checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked entrances and exits, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons.
- Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations.
- Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents.
- Prepares logs and reports as required.
- With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling. Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain. Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers.