Security Officer Supervisor
Security Officer Supervisor
Hospitality - Hotel
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone).
Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
Education/Experience: Associate's degree and 3 or more years of experience in a field related to the security industry and/or business management, and responsible experience in the security industry, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Additional relevant experience can be substituted for the required education on the basis of one calendar year of experience for one academic year of education.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
Knowledge of security operations.
Knowledge of business operations management and human resources administration.
Use of personal computer and spreadsheet software.
Ability to synthesize business/financial data and develop solutions.
Planning, organizing and leadership skills.
Oral and written communications skills.
Strong customer service and service delivery orientation.
Ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
Ability to be an effective leader and member of teams.
Ability to take initiative and achieve results.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, media and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled
substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
Regular use of vehicle required in the performance of duties.
Regular talking and hearing.
Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25
Occasional walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling in the performance of site surveys.
Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Frequent travel to client sites for oral presentations, group meetings, and site surveys.
Directing, motivating, training, coaching, and disciplining staff in a positive manner.
Reading and analyzing reports and financial data, including related computer usage.
Responding on an on-call basis to emergencies and incidents at all hours.
Supervises Security Officers, Lead Officers and other company personnel at assigned client site(s). May perform duties of Security Officer within scope of assignment.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Supervises company personnel, including assigning work, coaching, and discipline, as defined by client contract.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Functions as a supervisor of Security Officers, Lead Officers and other company personnel assigned to one or more posts at client site(s); acts to ensure that all post orders are followed, that established rounds are completed, and that adequate reports are filed; notifies proper authorities and client in emergency situations.
- Coaches and disciplines personnel as appropriate; seeks advice from company management or designated representatives as appropriate; meets personally with employees and documents coaching and disciplinary actions.
- Trains Security Officers and other company personnel; reviews post orders and other details of assignments with subordinates.
- Assists in the submission of payroll and personnel information to the company as designated.
- In conjunction with company management or designated representatives ensures adequate coverage of all posts and positions.
- Prepares, files and submits various reports as required.
- Inspects posts as scheduled and meets with subordinates to outline tasks and responsibilities.
- Meets with client representatives as scheduled or as needed to provide assurance that all security requirements are being met and to provide quality customer service.
- As assigned, in accordance with applicable company policies and procedures and in compliance with state and federal laws, carries out supervisory duties that can include some or all of the following: interviewing, orienting and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; coaching and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; and, making hiring and termination recommendations.
- May perform the duties of a Security Officer in accord with post orders and company policy.