Adrian Slater Returns to Dubai After 16 Years
Park Hyatt Dubai announces the appointment of Mr Adrian Slater as General Manager, his appointment reflects a return to the United Arab Emirates after almost 16 years. In the early 1990s, Slater held the role of Banquet Sales Manager for the Hyatt Regency Dubai before relocating to Australia.
Born in Auckland, New Zealand, Adrian Slater started his career in tourism and hospitality as a Hyatt Management Trainee in the late 80s with the Hyatt Regency Auckland where he remained for nearly five years before accepting his first international expatriate position in Dubai in1991, staying for five years.
With a career that has spanned more than 20 years with Hyatt International, Slater has worked his way up the ladder from Management Trainee, through the ranks of Food & Beverage (from waiter and captain to executive assistant manager), in destinations including Dubai (UAE), Perth (Australia), Adelaide (Australia), Saipan (Northern Mariana Islands), Guam, Incheon (South Korea) and Seoul (South Korea). In 2005 he was promoted to his first General Manager posting at the Hyatt Regency Jeju, South Korea. After two years he took responsibility for the Park Hyatt Seoul and most recently was seconded to Hyatt International Seoul office heading up special projects.
"It is exciting to be back in the Middle East and especially back in Dubai. So much has changed from the landscape to the lifestyle." says Mr Adrian Slater.
"Park Hyatt Dubai is well established in the market as a luxury retreat. It's an exceptional product and the team at the hotel continues to maintain the elevated profile the hotel has acquired and its position as a landmark of elegance in Dubai. I am very excited to be joining this team and to be back in Dubai, rediscovering the destination and all it has to offer. It is a very different place to what it was 16 years ago."
Park Hyatt Dubai celebrates its fifth anniversary this year and will commence a soft refurbishment of key areas of the hotel including the award-winning Amara Spa.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
- Dual-Branded Hyatt Place and Hyatt House Hotels Announced for Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport
- Hyatt Hotel Announced for Chongqing in Western China
- Hyatt and Tianfu Minyoun Hospitality Announce Three Hyatt Branded Hotels for China
- Park Hyatt Kuala Lumpur Hotel Announced for 2020
- Mark Vondrasek Named Chief Commerical Officer for Hyatt
- Chris Port Named Chief Development Officer for Aqua-Aston Hospitality
- Kattie Maldonado Named Marketing Director for Driftwood Acquisitions and Development
- Eric Bates Named General Manager for Eaglewood Resort & Spa
- Scott Gingerich Named Senior Vice President of Restaurants and Bars for Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants
- Floor Bleeker Appointed to Lead the HTNG Organization